- Tracking options. At least utm_source=google. Or maybe you should include all utm-params.
- Create both Search and Display campaigns.
- Remember that one should be very careful with Display campaigns (they may spend money in vain).
- Name of the campaign should follow your compay’s guidline. Example: N_Search_French manicure. N here is the prefix designating you (the person responsible for this campaign).
- Create separate campaigns for separate regions due to different level of competition.
- Adjust bidding (genger, age, devices etc.).
- Try to use bidding strategies that maximize conversions (not clicks, not anything else).
- For each group set a custom param utm_cluster when you use keywords. Don’t forget to include it into your tracking options (on account level).
- If you use keywords for display campaigns, remember that there are two different targeting options:
- People with any of these interests or purchase intentions.
- People who searched for any of these terms on Google.
Experiment with them but remember that these are different audiences.
- Always add a separate remarketing group.
- Naming convention for ad groups may be similar to that of campaigns.